- This event has passed.
20th Annual Medical Conference: What Medical Professionals need to know to Keep Children Safe
May 13, 2015 @ 7:00 am - May 14, 2015 @ 4:30 pmFree
The objective of the conference is to provide physicians and other health care providers with a broad range of practical information to help diagnose and treat child abuse and neglect.
Specifically, participants will have:
- Increased knowledge regarding recognizing and making the diagnosis of child physical abuse;
- The ability to identify the needs (medical and social) of siblings of suspected child abuse victims;
- Enhanced knowledge of the medical needs of infants and children who (may) have been exposed to drugs;
- The ability to list the various ways to test for STIs in children;
- Improved understanding of the Child Protection Law and mandatory reporting of Child Abuse/Neglect and a better understanding of what happens after a report (3200) is filed with CPS;
- Increased knowledge regarding what constitutes medical neglect.
- The ability to identify children at risk for being victims of human trafficking and how to approach them.