MiPSAC’s mission is to ensure that everyone affected by child maltreatment receives the best possible professional response.
Professionals who work with children in Michigan will know how to prevent, identify, and treat child abuse and neglect.
- To bring together professionals working in the area of child maltreatment.
- To foster networking.
- To be an information source.
- To sponsor quality training.
- To recognize child advocates in Michigan.
Strongly Committed To:
- Preventing child maltreatment.
- Eliminating the recurrence of child maltreatment.
- Providing professional education that promotes effective culturally sensitive, and interdisciplinary approaches to the identification, intervention, treatment, and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Promoting research and guidelines to inform professional practice
- Connecting professionals from the many disciplines to promote the best response to child maltreatment.
- Ensuring that Michigan’s public policy concerning child maltreatment is well informed and constructive.