- This event has passed.
38th Annual Michigan Statewide Conference. Child Abuse & Neglect: Prevention, Assessment & Treatment
October 21, 2019 - October 22, 2019
This two-day conference features noted national and Michigan experts who will address a range of topics in the field of child abuse prevention, assessment, and treatment. In addition to the keynote presentations and plenary session, attendees will have a choice of over 30 workshops focusing on recent advances and best practices in the areas of prevention, medical issues, child advocacy, and law enforcement. Participants will also have opportunities to interact and network with other professionals in the field.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will understand and be able to implement:
- Recent advances in the field and applications to practice.
- Improved recognition of the symptoms of abused and neglected children in complex presentations
- Improved recognition of the source of child behavior when children are abused and neglected.
- Successful intervention and treatment plans for children
- Successful prevention models in child abuse and neglect.
This activity is appropriate for:
Administrators, House Officers, Medical Students, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Other Healthcare Professionals, Physician Assistants, Physicians, Social Workers
In the fields of:
Adolescent Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, General Medicine, Internal Medicine, Other Healthcare Professions, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatrics, Primary Care, Psychiatry, Psychology, Radiology, Social Work, Surgery, Trauma Surgery