- This event has passed.
Infant Safe Sleep Symposium
November 17, 2011 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$30
Dr. Rachel Moon, Chair of the AAP Task Force, will conduct a special interactive educational program.
The symposium will provide the latest research, discuss the new recommendations and offer practical hands-on advice for working with families. Fee: $30. Continental breakfast included. Register here:
- Explain the risk factors involved in sleep related deaths including bed sharing
- Discuss the importance of hospital/healthcare and other providers as role models
- Discuss barriers to safe sleep practice and ways to improve acceptance of recommendations
- Understand the statistics and trends for sleep related infant deaths (including suffocation, strangulation, and entrapment)
- Describe the importance of culturally competent messages and communication
- Review the new AAP recommendations to prevent SIDS and sleep related infant deaths
Please forward this notice to interested colleagues. Contact Chris Platt at 800-331-7437 or [email protected] for more information