- This event has passed.
Society for Pediatric Radiology Conference
February 4, 2012 @ 8:00 am - February 5, 2012 @ 12:15 pm
The target audience for this program includes pediatric radiologists, general radiologists, pediatricians, emergency room physicians, radiologic technologists, health care professionals and legal professionals.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the neurologic, skeletal and visceral injury patterns seen with physical child abuse.
- Recognize the mechanisms and know the pattern specificities of abusive injuries.
- Identify the metabolic diseases, dysplasias, accidental injuries and normal variants that may simulate abuse.
- Apply new imaging techniques and algorithms for the evaluation of suspected abuse.
- Describe the legal definitions and processes in cases of abuse.
- Define the parameters that constitute responsible expert witness testimony in cases of alleged child abuse.