- This event has passed.
Trauma-Informed, Community‐Centered Responses to Human Trafficking
March 19, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Trauma-Informed, Community‐Centered Responses to Human Trafficking A Two‐Part Webinar Series for Health, Social Service, and Advocacy Providers, sponsored by the National Health Collaborative on Violence and Abuse and HEAL Trafficking.
- Elaine Alpert, MD, MPH: Massachusetts Medical Society
- Morgan Burdick, MSWc: APA Chaya
- Mariam Garuba, MD
- Katy Giguere: Her Justice
- Ronnie Harris: I Am Campaign, Sacred Roots
- Chris Lapining, JD: Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Danielle Latimer, LCSW: Mount Sinai Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention (SAVI) Program
- Annie Lewis‐O’Connor, PhD, NP: Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Bud Vana, MD: Brown University Zahra: API Chaya
- Keri Zug, MSN: La Clinica de la Raza
Health care settings are key to the provision of trauma‐sensitive identification and response for survivors of human trafficking. This two‐part webinar series is intended to strengthen the ability of healthcare providers, mental health providers, social workers, legal professionals, and survivor advocates to identify and respond to at‐risk and affected individuals, and to work collaboratively both within and beyond the health care setting, using principles of trauma‐informed care on both individual and institutional/system levels.