Pennsylvania Father Engagement Workgroup. This Report documents the result of an effort in Pennsylvania to engage fathers in the child welfare process. It includes Judicial Bench Cards, a list of barriers and proposed solutions to father engagement, pre and post services assessment tools and an outline for a father’s support group.
The Father Engagement Workgroup was charged with the following tasks:
- Develop a regional cross training to improve father engagement;
- Review ABA bench cards and align them with Pennsylvania protocols to be distributed to judges and hearing officers,
- Identify best practices for father support groups that could be replicated throughout the state;
- Identify barriers and solutions to successfully engaging fathers in the lives of their children who are part if the child welfare system, and
- Develop a strategy to print and distribute an existing Father Engagement brochure. Link to pdf Report
Comments that are off-topic, attacking without a constructive purpose, offensive (including abbreviated or masked swearing), written in all capital letters (viewed as shouting), and/or for commercial purposes, may be blocked by our website team.