2012, Children and Family Research Center.
Importance of research
• Criminal justice response to child maltreatment is important but complex and not well-understood
• Need data to understand it and inform policy
• However, development of policy and practice has not been data driven
• This presentation reviews a wide range of data relevant to policy and practice
• Most knowledge and discussion based on sensational cases that may not be representative
Comments that are off-topic, attacking without a constructive purpose, offensive (including abbreviated or masked swearing), written in all capital letters (viewed as shouting), and/or for commercial purposes, may be blocked by our website team.