- This event has passed.
CDC Hosts Webinar to Discuss Essentials for Childhood
May 22, 2013 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Child abuse and neglect poses serious threats to the health, well-being, and safety of our nation’s children. Preventing child maltreatment is a priority of CDC’s Injury Center. We believe safe, stable, and nurturing relationships and environments (SSNRs) are essential to prevent child maltreatment and to ensure children reach their full potential.
In January, the Injury Center’s Division of Violence Prevention released a new document, Essentials for Childhood: Steps to Create Safe, Stable, and Nurturing Relationships for Children. Essentials for Childhood outlines strategies for stakeholders to promote safe, stable and nurturing relationships for children and is organized around four goals areas:
- Goal 1: Raise awareness and commitment to promote safe, stable and nurturing relationships and prevent child maltreatment
- Goal 2: Use data to inform actions
- Goal 3: Create the context for healthy children and families through norms change and programs
- Goal 4: Create the context for healthy children and families through policies
This webinar will provide an overview of the Essentials for Childhood goals and strategies and preview additional resource materials (soon to be released) to guide work in the goal areas.
- Sandra Alexander, MEd—Expert Consultant; Division of Violence Prevention, CDC
- Malia Richmond-Crum, MPH – Health Scientist, Division of Violence Prevention, CDC
Click-on the following URL: https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join/
Enter the conference number: PW2462641
Enter the audience passcode: 24626
Dial in to the toll-free conference telephone line for audio: 888-603-9705
Participants can join the event directly at: