- This event has passed.
Children’s Memorial Hospital’s Annual Child Maltreatment Symposium
April 7, 2011 @ 8:30 am - April 8, 2011 @ 5:00 pm$175
Child Abuse: From Presentation to Prosecution
This conference will benefit physicians, social workers, teachers, attorneys, psychologists, law enforcement, nurses, child advocates and others whose profession may involve interaction with child maltreatment.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration in evaluating child maltreatment.Understand the role of the medical evaluations in cases of suspected child sexual abuse.
- Describe common defense arguments used in cases involving child abuse and explain the importance of providing evidence based testimony.
- Explain and apply appropriate procedural tools to prepare a child for the courtroom.
- Describe the role of the medical examiner, the limitations of the autopsy and the information that the medical examiner needs from the other professionals involved in the evaluation and investigation of possible child maltreatment.
- Understand the difference between adolescent and adult perpetrators of sexual abuse.
- Identify, list and describe some of the ethical issues civil child protection attorneys encounter.
Registration is due by Friday, April 1, 2011, but enrollment is limited. Registration will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Online registration is strongly encouraged. You may register online or download a registration form at childrensmemorial.org/cme. You may print this form and mail or fax to Protective Services Team Coordinator at 773-281-4237. Onsite registration will not be available. 1.800.KIDS DOC® will not be accepting registrations.