- This event has passed.
Michigan’s 11th Annual Multidisciplinary Conference on Child Abuse Investigations
August 2, 2011 - August 4, 2011
The Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan, Child Abuse Training Services Program, in cooperation with the Prosecuting Attorneys Coordinating Council, the Department of Human Services (DHS), and the Governor’s Task Force on Children’s Justice (GTF), is pleased to present this cross professional Specialized Child Abuse seminar.
Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday August 2, 2011 and the program will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. The conference will conclude at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday August 4, 2011.
This seminar is designed for DHS workers, law enforcement, child advocacy center workers, assistant prosecuting attorneys, and prosecutors who deal with child abuse and neglect cases.
Topics will include:
- Child Witness to A Murder: A Case Study
- Smart Phones/Devices – How to Recover Digital Evidence
- Tools & Tactics for Child Abductions
- Why the Michigan Model – A Research Update
- Changes to the Forensic Interviewing Protocol
On day two, participants may choose from the following profession-specific tracks including:
- Law Enforcement and Social Workers
- Recognizing and Addressing Burnout
- Using Interpreters in a Forensic Interview
- Interviewing and Peer Review
- What the Child “Isn’t” saying – A Guide to Body Language
- Report Writing for Law Enforcement
- How to Win a Case on the Word of a Child
- Delayed Reporting
- Medical Terminology for Lawyers
- How to Cross Examine Medical Personnel
DOWNLOAD PDF BROCHURE (90kb)